Information approvers can see
An approver's ability to view employee information is limited by their scope of approval, which is defined by two things:
- by type of requests, e.g., salary changes or new hire information
- by requesting manager(s), work locations or departments
Approvers will only receive the requests that fall within their scope of authority. For example:
- Richard Carstone, Director of Finance, is set to receive salary change requests from all managers in the Marketing and Sales departments.
- John Jarndyce, VP of Sales, is set to receive requests for salary changes and new hires from managers in the Sales department.
Assuming these approver settings:
- If a manager in Sales makes a request to hire a new employee, Mr. Jarndyce will receive the request, but Mr. Carstone will not.
- If a manager in Sales makes a request to change an employee's salary, both Mr. Jarndyce and Mr. Carstone will receive the request, and both must approve for the change to take effect.
Thank you for the feedback!