Termination request email sent to approvers
The email includes:
- Termination Date: the employee's last day.
- Termination Type: involuntary (employee was laid off, fired) or voluntary (employee quit)
- Reason for Termination: entered by requesting manager
- Mark as terminated on payroll?: If the company has synced payroll, should this employee be removed from the payroll system?
If the employee was previously on benefits, the termination request email will also include:
- Remove from company benefits? Has the manager requested that the employee be removed from benefits?
- Offer COBRA?: Has the manager requested that Zenefits send this employee's COBRA coverage to COBRA Complete?
- Pay COBRA for: Does the manager want the company to cover one or more months of the employee's COBRA? If so, for how long?
- Unused PTO Hours and Balance to be added to final paycheck: If the employee has unused PTO and works in a state that requires payout of unused PTO, this amount must be added to their final paycheck.
Finally, if the employee was a manager, the request will detail their direct reports, and the new manager for these reports.
Thank you for the feedback!