Creating new deduction codes helps Zenefits Pay Connect communicate with your payroll provider.
- First, you'll need to set up deduction codes in your payroll provider's system.
Since this can vary greatly depending on which payroll provider you are using, we recommend touching base with them for the most up to date instructions.
- Once the deduction codes are set up in your payroll system, navigate to Pay Connect on your admin dashboard.
- Click into the Settings tab.
- Go to Deduction Mapping from the left navigation.
- It can take up to 24 hours for new codes entered into your payroll system, to be pulled into Zenefits. If you don't see them after 24 hours, or would like to see if the process can be expedited, contact Zenefits Customer Care.
- Map any Zenefits deductions to a provider deduction code.
- Save once finished.
As a note, it's good practice to delete any deduction codes you aren't using. This prevents any opportunities for over deductions.