Add Tax State to Paychex for New Hire
Companies who sync with Paychex should make sure to add a new hire's tax state to Paychex if the account doesn't already have that state. Otherwise, Zenefits cannot push the new hire to the account. Here's how to add tax states in Paychex.
Add Tax State to Paychex
- Log in to the company's Paychex account.
- In the upper right hand corner, click the Company tab. If the Company Tab is not visible, contact Paychex to have it enabled before continuing.
- In the Views list, click Withholdings and Taxes.
- Click +Add.
- Select State, and make sure to check Show Non-income Tax States.
Since all states have unemployment insurance taxes, all states where you have someone working must be added to the Paychex account -- even if the state does not have income tax -- so that Paychex calculates the correct employer-paid unemployment tax.
- In the list, select the state where the new hire will be working and click Add.
- From the list of available taxes ("regulations"), select the tax(es) that should be added for that state:
- Select Unemployment.
- If the state has income tax, select Income Tax.
- Click Add.
- Click Save.
Thank you for the feedback!