Reconciling Manual Checks in Xero
When employees in Zenefits Payroll are paid by paper check, Zenefits Payroll will report their net pay amounts on a separate invoice from Direct Deposit amounts. Here's how to reconcile paper check amounts on the Bank Reconciliation page in Xero.
- Log in to Xero.
- Find the account that should be reconciled and click Reconcile [number] Items.
- In the list of line items, identify the pay run by its check date, and click Find & Match.
- If more than one employee was paid by manual check in that run, you'll need to split the total amount in the statement to the amounts paid to each employee:
- Click Split next to the total in the Spent column.
- In the popup, enter the line item's amount into the Part payment field.
- Click Split in the popup window to confirm.
- Click Reconcile.
- Repeat steps 5-7 to match and reconcile other transactions as necessary.
For a video tutorial, see Xero's Help Center.
Thank you for the feedback!