Reviewing and Approving Exported Pay Runs in Xero
Zenefits Payroll exports pay run information to synced Xero accounts as bills in the Purchases section of Xero. Here's how to review and approve each exported Zenefits Payroll pay run in Xero before reconciling it.
- In Xero, click Accounts, then choose Purchases from the dropdown list.
- Under Bills, click the Awaiting Approval button.
- In the list, click a run.
- Net pay amounts for employees paid by Direct Deposit and all employer/employee taxes are combined in one invoice.
- Net pay amounts for employees paid by manual check are reported in a separate invoice from the Direct Deposit amounts. You'll need to reconcile these separately.
- Review and make edits to each transaction's posted account as needed.
- When finished, click Approve.
For questions on reviewing and approving payroll runs in Xero, please contact Xero Support. They're available 24/ 7 . Please note that Zenefits Support is open from 6am - 5pm PST, M-F.
Thank you for the feedback!