Map Zenefits Payroll Transactions to QuickBooks Desktop Chart of Accounts
After QuickBooks Desktop is synced Zenefits Payroll for the first time, payroll transaction in the Zenefits Payroll account must be mapped to the appropriate payroll ledger accounts in QuickBooks Desktop's Chart of Accounts.
- On the Organization screen of the Settings page, under Software Integrations, click Edit Accounts next to the QuickBooks Desktop logo.
- Choose whether to use Basic Mapping or Advanced Mapping for the ledger accounts.
- Basic Mapping groups similar transactions and maps them to the same account. Any specific transactions within this group will post to the same account. For example, if the Regular Earnings group in Zenefits Payroll (which contains Reimbursements, Cash Tips, and Hourly Wages) is mapped to the 21 Payroll Wages Payable account in QuickBooks Desktop, any transaction with one of these types will post to 21.
- Advanced Mapping requires that each individual pay item in Zenefits Payroll is mapped to a specific ledger account in QuickBooks Desktop. Different pay items can be mapped to the same account. This method provides total control over how each type of transaction is posted to QuickBooks Desktop, but requires more setup time.
- Then, for each transaction type or group in the list, select the QuickBooks Desktop ledger account to which this type of transaction should post.
- Click Save.
Regardless of the mapping method chosen, the mappings can also be viewed and edited in Payroll Settings on the Pay Items page.
Thank you for the feedback!