For Administrators and Employees
While Zenefits' Pay Connect helps companies streamline HR and payroll administration, it doesn't replace the payroll provider. Many payroll and tax-related tasks and services should still be handled through a payroll provider or tax professional. As a result, Zenefits cannot:
- Act as a payroll provider or run payroll for any payroll provider.
- Provide tax or legal advice.
- Manage deductions for child support garnishments.
- Manage deductions for coverage of benefits not managed through Ben Connect or Ben Admin. Zenefits only calculates and manages deductions for coverage and services provided through Zenefits.
- Prorate salaries (pay an employee for hours worked instead of their normal salary).
- Support signing bonuses, advances, commissions, or per diems. These custom compensation schemes should be set up and managed with the payroll provider.
- Handle expense accounts or any type of stipend.
- Determine the amounts in last paychecks, or cut checks for these employees.
- Provide new hire reporting services.
- Resolve or respond to tax notices, amendments, or other communications from tax agencies.
The information on this page only applies to companies using Zenefits Pay Connect; it does not apply to companies who have Zenefits Payroll as their payroll provider.