Here are some general instructions for creating a custom earnings type in Zenefits Payroll.
Navigate to Earnings Table
To add custom earnings after completing setup, find the Earnings table:
- Click the Payroll app.
- In the top menu bar, click Settings.
- In the list of settings, click Pay Types.
Create New Earnings Type
To create a custom earnings type during or after setup is complete:
- In the Earnings table, click + Add.
- Enter a Name (e.g., Severance) for the earnings type.
- Select the appropriate Earnings Category. Some categories can be specified with a particular rate, or as supplementary earnings.
- If using one of Zenefits Payroll accounting system integrations, select the expense account in the general ledger to which earnings of this type should be charged.
- Click Create to save the item.