What does medical pretax mean on my paystub?
Medical Pretax is the amount Zenefits deducts from your paycheck to pay for your medical insurance coverage. This amount is taken out of your gross pay before taxes.
Where can I see my paystub in Zenefits?
If you can see the Paystubs app when you log in, just click on the app to review current and past paystubs with net pay, deductions, and contributions. You'll have the option to download a paystub as a PDF if you'd like to print or send.
If you can't see the Paystubs app, Zenefits does not have your paystubs. Please contact your manager or HR administrator to get a copy or your paystubs.
Why does my paycheck have deductions already?
After the effective date for your benefits, Zenefits pushes your deductions amounts to payroll by check date, not pay period, for the months that you have coverage. Even if you're a new employee and you've only worked two days before you first check, you'll see part of your monthly deductions in your first paycheck after your benefits begin.
For example, assume the following:
- A new hire starts work on September 25th.
- In Zenefits, they enroll in Medical Insurance for an effective date of October 1st and a monthly deduction of $100.
- This employee is paid on a semi-monthly basis (2 pay dates: 15th and end of month).
The employee's first pay period is Sept 25th - October 8th. They'll receive their first paycheck on the 15th of October. Since this date is after their effective date for Medical, their first paycheck will include half of their monthly Medical deductions ($50) for October coverage, and the second half in their second paycheck for October.
For more information, see this guide on how Zenefits calculates per-paycheck deductions amounts.
What's on my paystub?
Your paystub in Zenefits is available via the Paystubs card on your dashboard. To learn more about what is on your paystub, also called an Earnings Statement, keep reading.
- Regular Earnings
- Any custom earnings (bonuses, vacation, holiday, etc)
- For expenses incurred while performing work for the business (i.e. travel)
- Health Pre-Tax Deductions (medical, dental, vision, etc)
- Health Post-Tax Deductions (life, disability, Roth, etc)
- State (if applicable
- Local (if applicable)
Employer Contributions (if applicable)
- Any employer paid amounts towards medical, dental, vision, retirement plans etc.
- Sick Leave Balance (if there is no Sick Leave Policy set up then Vacation PTO balance will be displayed; if there is neither Sick Leave Policy nor Vacation PTO Policy set up then the section will remain blank (Personal Leave is not displayed on stubs)).
- If the pay run is an off cycle run, the Pay Run Name will be displayed in the Notes section of the worker's pay stub.
Why don't I see the Paystubs card on my Zenefits account?
If you don't see the Paystubs card on your account, check with your company's HR contact. If your company does not use Zenefits to run payroll, your paystubs wouldn't be housed in this system.
What's the difference between Amount and Year to Date?
The Amount column will show how much is being paid for the pay period detailed on the paystub. The Year to Date column will reflect how much has been paid thus far in the calendar year.
Why does it say Net Pay?
Net Pay is the amount you take home, after taxes. Gross Pay is the amount before any taxes or deductions are taken out- this can be found on the Total line under Earnings.
What if something is incorrect on my paystub?
If you feel that something is incorrect, such as the amount of hours you worked, or the rate on your earnings, contact the HR representative for your company.
Wow, I didn't expect my insurance deductions to be so much. Can I remove them?
Can I download all pay stubs for all workers?
Zenefits will happily assist in any bulk downloads of pay stubs for your company. Reach out to the Customer Care team and let them know that you wish to download all pay stubs for all workers at your company. Please be sure to include any specific names of workers, or preferred date ranges when contacting us for bulk download requests.