S Corporations who use Zenefits should identify their owners (any shareholders who own more than 2% of the company) on the Company Settings page in Dashboard and choose whether to have Zenefits manage benefits costs for these owners.
Identifying S Corp Owners in Dashboard
To identify the owners of an S Corp in Zenefits:
- In the primary administrator's dashboard, click the Company Profile app.
- Under Tax Info from the left-hand side, you can edit the information:
- If the company is structured as an S Corp, select "S-Corporation" from the Business Entity Type list.
- If the company is structured as an LLC, but is taxed as an S Corp, select "LLC" in the Entity Type list, the "S Corp" in the Entity for Tax Purposes list.
- Click in the Company Owners box and select employees from the list to identify them as an owner.