Here's how to create new types of deductions in Zenefits Payroll.
- Click on your Payroll app.
- Click on Settings from the top orange bar.
- Click on Pay Types from the left hand navigation menu
- Click on +Add Deduction on the top right corner of the Deductions table.
- Name your deduction (ex. Medical Deductions).
- Select the category for the deduction. Be sure to select the right category since this will determine the taxability.
- Decide if it is a percentage or flat dollar amount, if the option is available for the category you selected.
- Click Create.
Note: Any required mapping to boxes 12 or 14 on the W-2 are automatic. If special mapping is required, it must be configured manually by Zenefits.