Who can set up the integration?
In order to set up this integration, you'll need to be a Full Company or Payroll administrator in the Zenefits system.
What are the requirements for this integration?
- You must be using Zenefits Payroll as your payroll system and already have, or plan on creating, a Quickbooks Online account.
- You must have pay types already set up in your Zenefits account.
What limitations should I be aware of?
At this time, all of the files from Zenefits Payroll must be manually exported to Quickbooks. There is currently no automation of the export.
How do I install the integration?
- Log in to your Zenefits account and click into Payroll.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Under Software Integrations, click the Add Integration button.
- Click Sync next to Quickbooks Online (or, click the hyperlink to get started with creating a new account).
- Sign in to your account and authorize the sync.
How do I set up the integration?
- Click on the Payroll app or navigate to it from the side menu options.
- Click on settings.
- Click on the Manage link.
- Go to the Account Mapping tab and click on Start Editing.
- Select all the Zenefits pay types the mapping will apply to.
- Select any of the Zenefits labor groups the mapping will apply to.
- Choose a Debit Account and Credit Account for the mapping.
- Choose a Quickbooks Class Tracking Name to be applied to the mapping.
- Click Add.
- Repeat the above set of steps until you have mapped all of your company's Earnings, Deductions, Contributions, and Taxes.
- Click Publish.
What if I don't see all of our accounts in the drop down?
You can click the Retrieve Accounts button to request a re-sync of the accounts from Quickbooks. Note that this can take a couple hours to complete.
We have a lot of mappings to set up, how can I be sure I didn't miss anything?
You can click the Export link at any time to download a chart of all of your mappings. This will also allow to quickly identify any that you may have missed in the setup process.