Skip to main content




How can I change my Company Name or Employer Identification Number (EIN) in Zenefits?

If you need to change your company name or Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) in Zenefits, contact Customer Care or your Customer Success Manager. Please prepare the answers to the following questions in order to have this change carried out:

Describe the changes to your company. Please be as specific as you can, as these details will help us determine the proper next steps.

  1. Will there be a new company name? If so, what is it?
  2. Will there be a new company FEIN? If so, what is it?
  3. When will the change be effective? (Note: If your desired date for a switch is within the current year, this will result in two sets of tax documents for you and your employees)
  4. Will the number of active employees change as a result of this change to your business?
  5. If you use Zenefits Ben Admin or Ben Connect: Have you had the opportunity to begin this process with your broker?
  6. If you use Zenefits Payroll: Have you started acquiring any other required tax IDs? If not, this collection of articles may be helpful.
  • Was this article helpful?