Skip to main content




Authorize Zenefits Payroll as Third Party Administrator in Massachusetts

Learn how to authorize Zenefits Payroll as a third party administrator.

Employers who use Zenefits Payroll to pay employees in Massachusetts must authorize Zenefits Payroll as a third party administrator (TPA) with the MA Department of Unemployment Assistance (DUA) and the MA Department of Revenue's (DOR) MassTaxConnect  system to allow Zenefits Payroll to deposit and file unemployment taxes in MA.

Authorize Zenefits Payroll as  TPA  with MA  DUA

Complete the following sections in the instruction guide:

  • Viewing the  TPA  Authorization Page
  • Authorizing a  TPA
  • Assigning  TPA  Roles by Reporting Unit

Here's a few tips for completing the process:

  • Zenefits   Payroll's  TPA Name is  PayYourPeople LLC  and the TPA  ID  is  104523
  • Remember to add the following roles:
    • Account Maintenance Update and Submit
    • Payments Update and Submit
    • Employment and Wage Detail Update and Submit
      (See page  86  here for more information on assigning roles.)
  • Most small businesses should simply use the default unit number (0000). Larger companies who file in multiple locations will have assigned unit numbers.

The client needs to assign Zenefits the following roles:

  1. Employment and Wage Detail Update and Submit
  2. EMAC  Supplement Appeal Submission
  3. Payments Update and Submit
  4. Account Maintenance Update and Submit

For assistance, contact the MA  DUA  at  617-626-6350.

Authorize Zenefits Payroll as  TPA  with  MassTaxConnect 
  1. Register with the  DOR's MassTaxConnect  system for an employer account.
  2. Contact Zenefits Customer Care to let us know.
  3. Zenefits Payroll will request access to the account.
  4. MassTaxConnect  will request confirmation of this request from your end. Approve the access request to complete setup.
  5. Click the More tab.
  6. Click the View Access Request from Third Parties link in the Third Party Access panel.
  7. Select the Approve/Deny link for the request you would like.

Please note:

  • You will need to select the check box in the Give Rights column.
  • You will need to select the access type in the Granted Rights column.
  • The third party will be notified by the DOR once you approve or deny the request for access.

If you have any questions regarding the submission, pelase contact the agency directly.

*If you do not see a request come through from the agency, please double check your spam folder and/or go online to verify the agency has the correct the email address listed on file.


  • Was this article helpful?