Skip to main content




Authorize Zenefits Payroll as Third Party Administrator in Ohio

Employers who use Zenefits Payroll to pay employees in Ohio must authorize Zenefits Payroll as a third-party administrator (TPA) with the Ohio Department of Job and Family services (ODJFS) to allow Zenefits Payroll to pay and file unemployment taxes in OH.

It's a two step process:

  1. Create an online account with Ohio's Employer Resource Information Center (ERIC) portal, using the steps below.
  2. Grant Zenefits Payroll permission to access the account using the steps linked here.

Create Employer Account for Ohio ERIC Portal

  1. Navigated to the ERIC portal and click Employers.
  2. Click Register for an Employer Account and follow the instructions to register as a new employer.

Grant Zenefits Payroll Access to ERIC Account

  1. Use this resource on the OJCA website for instructions on how to add Zenefits as an Agent on your account.
  2. Log in to the ERIC Portal using a registered username and password.
  3. Zenefits Payroll's OH TPA ID is 6000009396.
  4. Let us know that Zenefits Payroll has been added as an Agent to the account.
  • Was this article helpful?