Skip to main content




Authorize Zenefits Payroll as Third Party Administrator in Texas

Learn how to authorize Zenefits Payroll as a third party administrator.

Employers who use Zenefits Payroll to pay employees in Texas must authorize Zenefits Payroll as a third-party administrator (TPA) with the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) to allow Zenefits Payroll to deposit and file the company's TX unemployment taxes.

Authorize Zenefits Payroll as TPA with TWC

Here's how to begin the registration process to allow Zenefits Payroll to file tax returns in Texas. The process should take about five minutes.

  1. Visit the TWC Unemployment Tax Services site and click Sign Up For User ID in the Quick Links box. Businesses who have already registered can simply click Logon in the same box.
  2. Fill out the application to create a user ID and password.
  3. Contact Support and provide the complete TWC Account Number so that Zenefits Payroll can request access to the account. 
  4. Once Zenefits Payroll requests access, the TWC will send a notification to the email address used to set up the account. Click the link provided in this email notification and log into the TWC UTS site.
  5. Once logged in, click the User Admin tab, then click the Applicant List link in the Quick Links box.
  6. Find the pending user in the list, and grant permissions to the Zenefits Payroll user. Make sure to assign the "Manage Wage Report" permissions to allow Zenefits Payroll to file tax returns and obtain important tax information such as tax rates.
  7. Once the TPA has been authorized, contact Support and let us know!


  • Was this article helpful?