Skip to main content




Authorize Zenefits Payroll as Third Party Administrator in Washington

Learn how to authorize Zenefits Payroll as a third party administrator.

In order for Zenefits to deposit and file taxes with Washington Labor & Industries (WA L&I) for employers who use Zenefits Payroll to pay employees in Washington, Zenefits must be able to request third party administrator (TPA) access to your Washington Labor & Industries (WA L&I) account using your account id and your  Participant Activation Code (PAC). We are unable to request access if you are currently represented by another provider. You will need to revoke the other providers access in order for Zenefits to have the necessary access to file and deposit Labor & Industry taxes on your behalf. 

Revoke prior provider as TPA with WA L&I

1. Complete the Authorization to Access Information Or File on Behalf of Employer form.

2. Provide the following information about Zenefits for the Representative information which can be found here on the Washington L&I website.

  • Name of Business:
  • 9 Digit UBI:
  • Address:

3. Select Payroll as the Primary Roll

4. Authorize Access to Account and Quarterly Filing

5. Select Employer to sent mail to.

6. Email a signed, scanned copy of this form to QuarterlyFiling@Lni.wa. gov or fax to 360-902-4988.

The person authorizing access to the employer information must be an authorized signer (generally, a business owner, partner, corporate officer, or LLC member listed on the L&I policy (or other Washington State records). If L&I cannot verify you as an authorized signer, it is your responsibility to  provide supporting documentation indicating you are authorized to give this permission.

  • Was this article helpful?