Skip to main content



What state tax information do I need to set up Zenefits Payroll

You'll need the following information in each location where your employees live or work to complete setup for a new Zenefits Payroll account.

  • Withholding account numbers or Taxpayer ID for any state that has personal income tax.
  • Deposit schedules for all states with personal income tax.

You'll also need to set up Third Party Administrator authorization for Zenefits Payroll if you'll be paying and filing taxes in the following states or cities. While you don't have to complete the authorization(s) before setup, Zenefits Payroll cannot file or pay taxes for you in these locations until you do.

All other information (unemployment account IDs, unemployment tax rates) is not required to complete setupbut must be provided in order to use Zenefits Payroll.

  • Was this article helpful?