Can I pay contractors on an off cycle pay run?
Yes! You can pay contractors in Zenefits Payroll through an off cycle run by following the steps below.
- In the Payroll app, choose Pay Runs in the top menu bar.
- Click Add Off-Cycle Payroll in the upper right corner of the Pay Runs page.
- You can either Create a new pay run or Clone an existing pay run.
- Give the payroll a descriptive name, e.g., Christmas Bonus Payroll, and a pay date.
- Choose which workers will be included in the off cycle pay run.
- Choose from the following options:
- Include regular deductions & contributions: Health benefits that are normally deducted
- Show a pay period on paystubs: The dates they are being paid for
- Use a single-time base tax withholding rate: Only select this if you want to withhold the individual(s) at a different rate than they are usually taxed. If you do not select this at all, they will be taxed like normal, based on your company's pay schedule.
- From the list of available workers, check the box next to the name(s) of the contractor(s) who should be paid in the run.
- Click Edit on the left side of the screen to add earnings.
- After everything is entered, Finish Edit.
- Review the run and taxes, then Approve.
Thank you for the feedback!