How do I create a cell phone allowance earnings type in Zenefits Payroll?
Here's how to create a Cell Phone Allowance pay item to pay employees a non-taxable amount towards the monthly cost of a cell phone (or the phone itself) for business use.
To Create Cell Phone Allowance Item:
To create a Cell Phone Allowance earnings type:
- In the Payroll app, choose Settings.
- Click Pay Types.
- In the Earnings table, click +Add.
- Enter "Cell Phone Allowance" as the Earnings Name.
- Choose "Reimbursement" from the Earnings Category List.
- Keep the Rate Type as Fixed Amount.
- Don't check the Supplemental Earnings Type box.
The allowance can then be added to an employees pay template if it is a recurring allowance or to the pay stub if is a one-time allowance.
Thank you for the feedback!