How do I edit or delete custom earnings type in Zenefits Payroll?
Here's how to make changes to one of the existing custom earnings items in a Zenefits Payroll account. To edit an existing item in a employee's pay template, see these instructions.
Custom earnings types that have already been used in a paid payroll run can no longer be edited. Zenefits managed earnings types cannot be deleted.
- In the top menu bar, click Settings.
- In the list of settings, click Pay Items.
- In the Earnings table, find the custom type, and click the Edit icon () to open the editor. Earnings with a lock icon () are either:
- default items created by Zenefits Payroll, and cannot be edited or deleted.
- custom items created by your company that have already been used in a pay run and cannot be edited, only deleted.
- Make changes as desired, and click Save. Or, click Delete to delete the earnings type entirely.
Thank you for the feedback!