When is payroll due in Zenefits Payroll?
In Zenefits Payroll, pay runs must be submitted by 2 :00 PM PST on your company's processing deadline date. The approval date will be 4 business days or 2 business days before the check date, depending on your block period.
- This deadline leaves enough time for Zenefits Payroll to debit funds from the company's bank account and transfer them to employees' banks, and for banks to process the transfer and deposit the funds in employee accounts. Employees should receive their deposits on check date, but delays may occur for particular banks.
- Off-cycle pay runs are subject to the same deadline, so if you usually run payroll 4 days before check date, your off-cycle runs will have check dates that are 4 business days after you submit the run.
For example, let's assume you have semi-monthly payroll, and check dates of the 15th and last day of the month.
- If the next pay date is April 15th, run payroll on the 11th by 2 :00 PM PST.
- Zenefits Payroll will debit your account on the evening of the 11th.
- Deposits should post to your employee's accounts on the 15th.
Thank you for the feedback!