How do I run payroll in Zenefits?
To run your normal payroll, click onthe Payroll app, then Run Payroll Now to review and submit an upcoming run.
Running your first payroll? Check out our instructional video first!
Here are step-by-step instructions for running regularly scheduled payroll:
- Select Run Payroll Now from the Overview page, or select Pay Runs, then click on the run you wish to submit in the Drafts table.
- On the Edit Pay Run page, you'll make changes to any pay details, if needed.
- Click Finish Edit to move to the final step.
- On the Run Summary page, you'll see:
- Tax details
- The option to download the payrun in Excel
- The option to finish the pay run approval at a later time (please note that if the draft isn't approved by the deadline, this will result in a different check date)
5. Click Approve Run to process the run, and you'll be returned to the Pay Runs page with confirmation of a successful run via a green banner across the top of the page.
Here are step-by-step instructions for running an off cycle payroll:
- In the Payroll app, choose Pay Runs in the top menu bar.
- Click Add Off-Cycle Payroll in the upper right corner of the Pay Runs page.
- You can either Create a new pay run or Clone an existing pay run.
- Give the payroll a descriptive name, e.g., Christmas Bonus Payroll, and a pay date.
- Choose from the following options:
- If this is for Third-Party Sick Pay, make sure to toggle this on
- Include regular deductions & contributions: Health benefits that are normally deducted
- Show a pay period on paystubs: The dates the worker is being paid for use a single-time base tax withholding rate: Only select this if you want to withhold the employee at a different rate than they are usually taxed. If you do not select this at all, the employee will be taxed like normal, based on your company's pay schedule.
- From the list of available workers, check the box next to the names of each person who should be paid in the run.
- Click Edit Paystub on the right side of the screen to add earnings.
- After everything is entered, Finalize and Preview.
- Review the run and taxes, then Approve.
Thank you for the feedback!