The Bulk Upload Earnings Data tool provides admins with the ability to quickly and easily update multiple employees’ data. It is important to note that this process is pay run specific and is applicable to pay runs that are still in the Draft state.
Note: Once you upload earnings in bulk, Zenefits will not make any further system updates to your worker's pay items. This means that any changes that take place after the bulk upload, such as rate increases and time off, will need to be updated manually.
Select ‘Bulk Upload Earnings Data’:
- Select the desired pay run you wish to apply the bulk edits. Please note - this pay run must be in the Draft state.
- Ensure all necessary employees are included in the pay run - the template will generate using the active list of employees and cannot be edited once generated. On the top right corner of the draft pay run, select Options --> Bulk Upload Earnings Data
- Select the earning(s) types you wish to update. In order to keep the template as simple as possible, try only selecting the earnings that will be edited. Any existing values from the pay period will automatically populate in the template.
- Quick note, this tool cannot be used for Time Off requests. if you wish to update PTO requests, you will need to either (1) complete this within the PTO app or (2) use the Edit Paystubs tool for each employee within the draft pay run
- Select Download
Edit the Template Values:
- Open the spreadsheet (must have Microsoft Excel).
- Edit the spreadsheet with the appropriate changes.
Upload the Updated Spreadsheet
- Select Upload Spreadsheet on the bottom left hand corner.
- If you navigate away from your browser, that’s okay! You can return to the same pay run and continue uploading your data - as long as the pay run is still in Draft.
- Select the correct spreadsheet to be uploaded into Zenefits. It is important you are using the correct spreadsheet as the bulk upload templates are formatted specifically to each individual pay run. If you wish to include additional employees or earning types, a new template must be downloaded.
- Select Continue. Depending on the amount of data to be updated, it may take a couple of minutes to complete.
- Select Finish.
What happens if you incorrectly updated your employees’ information? No problem! There are many ways to reverse your mistake should this be identified prior to approving the pay run.
The easiest option is to update the spreadsheet and reupload.
If the there were significant errors made, from within the draft pay run, select Options > Reset Run to return the run to its original state, allowing you to restart fresh.
Here are some interesting things about...