What employee info does Zenefits need to validate a pay run?
If any employee in a pay run is missing the following information, the run can't be submitted unless the information is added or corrected, or the employee is removed from the run.
Earnings Information Checked for Each Regular Run
Zenefits Payroll will check each employee's earnings to make sure that an employee's net pay for the period is equal to or greater than $0. In other words, an employee's deductions + taxes (+ garnishments, if any) cannot be greater than their net earnings.
Employee Information Checked for Each Run
Each employee must have:
- a valid an unique SSN
- a correct Work Location in the state where they physically perform work
- a Compensation Type (Salaried or Hourly)
- a Compensation Rate (Annual Salary or Hourly rate)
- Account and routing numbers for at least one bank account
- a Payment Method (Direct Deposit or Check)
- an assigned Pay Schedule
- a tax filing status (e.g., single, married, etc.)
- a residence location (home address)
|Missing Info||Reason for block|
|Missing SSN||Can't file taxes for this employee|
|Missing salary or hourly rate||Can't calculate earnings|
|Missing bank account or routing numbers||Can't pay employee by Direct Deposit|
|Missing Work Location||Can't file, pay, or calculate taxes correctly|
|Employees with same SSN||Can't file and pay taxes for the right employee|
|Missing Pay Schedule||Can't calculate taxes correctly|
|Missing Filing Status||Can't calculate taxes correctly|
|Missing Residence Location||Can't file, pay, or calculate taxes correctly|
To correct or add missing information, follow these steps.
Thank you for the feedback!