How do I create a new review?
- Create a new review with custom settings
- Use a pre-made templates created using leading methodologies from our Zenefits HR experts
Start a New Review, give it a name, and add a description.
Then you can begin formatting the questions.
Add a question by clicking on the +Add question button. Enter the question and a description, if desired.
There are three types of responses available:
- Text: Gives reviewers free form text box to answer the question.
- Rating (up to 10 point scale): Rate on a scale beginning at 1 (Low)
- Both text and rating
When completing a review, you'll see the goals for the reviewee in the collapsible right hand side panel.
If the reviewee hasn't created any goals, you'll see [Name] doesn't have any goals in the side panel.
You'll have the option to toggle between Ongoing Goals and Closed Goals in the drop down.
If your company doesn't use goals, or you don't wish to reference goals in the review, you can hide the panel at any time by clicking Hide.
If you don't have permission to access the reviewee's goals, then you will not see the side panel at all.
- The Reporting Manager
- A manger’s Direct Reports
- Peers that share the same manager
Select how you want managers to share feedback with their reports. Either the manager summarizes all reviews and shares the summary with their direct report; or, nothing is shared with their direct report.
- On a custom schedule
Review from a Template
- Select Use Template after choosing to create a review.
- You can either select a review you've created then saved as a template, or you can choose a Zenefits industry-standard template.
- Keep the name the same or change it.
- Select the reviewees (the people who are the subject of the review, or the ones being reviewed).
- Make any desired changes to the preset questions.
- Select the reviewers (the people answering the questions, or the ones completing the review).
Direct Reports will assign all of a manager's reports as reviewers.
Peers will assign all of the people sharing a reporting manager as reviewers.
- Decide if the manager's summary will be shared with their direct report at the conclusion of the review.
- Determine if the review is a one-time thing, if it will be repeating regularly, or if it will have a custom cadence based on hire date.
Thank you for the feedback!