Admins can schedule shifts for anyone in the company. Managers will only be able to schedule shifts for their subordinates. The steps they take to schedule and edit these shifts will be the same.
How will I know if a shift is published or unpublished?
- A published shift will be dark blue, whereas an unpublished shift will be white. Workers can only see the published shifts in their account.
How will PTO look in the Scheduling app?
- If you are on a Zenefits package with Time Off and have a PTO policy set up, the shifts will appear grayed out to display the time block of PTO.
Does Scheduling support international workers?
- At this time, Scheduling does not support international workers.
Can I set up Positions directly in Scheduling?
- You are only able to set up Positions in your Company Profile app.
Can I customize visibility options in Scheduling?
- No, there are no custom viewing settings. Workers can see their schedules, but cannot make edits. Managers can see their own schedules and those of their direct reports'. Only main company administrators and administrators with the Time permission can edit and publish.
How can I export the schedule to an external calendar?
- There are no capabilities to export the schedule at this time.
How can I switch to a monthly view?
-At this time, you can only view weekly schedules.
|California||Employees employed in professional, technical, clerical, mechanical, and similar occupations who work a split shift may receive 1 hour's pay at the minimum wage, in addition to the minimum wage for that workday, except when the employee resides at the place of employment; the additional hour of split-shift pay need not be included in computing the RRP.|
|Hawaii||No employer shall employ any employee in split shifts unless all of the shifts within a 24-hour period fall within a period of 14 consecutive hours, except in case of extraordinary emergency.|
|District of Columbia||Employer shall pay the employee for 1 additional hour at the minimum wage for each day during which the employee works a split shift. This provision is not applicable to an employee who lives on the premises of the employer.|
|New York||Employers must compensate employees with 1 hour's pay at the minimum wage rate, in addition to the minimum wage if there is a split shift.|
When looking at the Scheduling app, you may want to know how Zenefits takes different time zones into account.
As an admin making a schedule, you'll want to use the time that the worker will see. For example, if you want a worker in a different time zone to work 10am-11am their time, that's what you'll enter. The system will display the exact time as you enter it, without doing any adjusting for time zone.
As a worker looking at the schedule, your schedule will reflect the time for your shift in your time zone. However, if you are looking at other workers' schedules, you'll need to take into account that the times shown are for their time zone.
For example, let's say you are a worker that lives in California. Your schedule says you are working 9am-10am. You look at the schedule of a coworker who lives in New York. Their schedule also says they are scheduled to work 9am-10am, however, this is 9am-10am their time in New York, so you would need to take that into account if wanting to switch or trade shifts.