Form SS-4 Application for Employer Identification Number

Form SS-4 is the IRS application to obtain an Employer Identification Number. US businesses should apply online at the IRS' site. The IRS will send a completed SS-4, with EIN, once the application is processed. Foreign businesses that need an EIN should contact the IRS directly.

Was this article helpful?  

Still need our help? Our support team is waiting to help you. Contact us