What is an 'informational' tax notice?

Most unemployment taxing authorities will send you a notice at the start of the new calendar year to let you know what your tax rate will be for the coming year. Sometimes the rate may go up or down depending on the agency's determination of your experience rating. For more information on how these agencies make rate determinations, see our article on Experience Ratings for State Tax Rates.

If your rate has changed, you will need to update the rate in your payroll account. To do this, go into the Payroll app and click on Settings. On the left-hand side, click into Tax Info, then edit for the state that needs to be updated.

Please note: You don't need to send informational notices to Zenefits, unless you're asked to by a Zenefits representative.

Was this answer helpful?  

Still need our help? Our support team is waiting to help you. Contact us