Account Number(s) Needed:
Companies who pay employees in Alabama must register with the AL Department of Revenue for a Withholding Account Number and register with the AL Department of Labor for an Unemployment Compensation Account Number.
Department of Revenue: R999999999 or 0000999999
- Register online with the AL Dept of Revenue to receive a Withholding Account Number within 5-7 days.
- Find a existing Withholding Account Number:
- On Form A-1 or A-3, Employer's Quarterly or Annual Return of Income Tax Filed.
Department of Labor: 9999999999
- Register online at the AL eGov site to receive UC account number on completion of the application.
- Find an existing UC account number:
- On Form UC-CR-4 or UC-10R.
- Online at the AL eGov site.
Required Payroll Documentation:
- Form A-1 (Employers Quarterly Return of Income Tax Withheld): This return is normally filed electronically. The data on return is useful to help balance Alabama income tax withholding and remittances.
- Form UC CR-4 CR4A (Quarterly Contribution and Wage Report): This return is filed electronically. eFile is required by the state.
Third Party Access /POA Needed:
Local Income Taxes Imposed:
Visit state resources for specific tax rates and wage details: