Arizona Payroll Tax and Registration Guide

Account Number(s) Needed:

Companies who pay employees in Arizona must register with the AZ Department of Revenue for a Withholding Account Number and with the AZ Department of Economic Security for an Unemployment Compensation Account Number.

Department of Revenue: 999999999 (9 digits)

  • Register online with the AZ DOR using a Federal EIN to receive a WAN within 2-4 weeks.

Department of Economic Security: 99999999 or 9999999-9 (8 digits)

  • UC Numbers are assigned after registration online with the AZ DOR.
  • To find a current UC Number, call the AZ DES.

Required Payroll Documentation:


  • A1-QRT: All employers must file a quarterly withholding tax return with the AZ Department of Revenue to report its Arizona withholding tax liability. This return is a good source of information to use to balance the withholding amounts remitted as well as the total AZ wages reported to the State of AZ. 


  • AZ UC_018: Online filing is preferred up to 999 employees. If you have a paper copy of the UC-018, it is a good source of information to use in balancing UI wages and employer liabilities for prior quarters.

Third Party Access /POA Needed:

  • No

Local Income Taxes Imposed:  

  • No

State Resources

Visit state resources for specific tax rates and wage details:

    Still need our help? Our support team is waiting to help you. Contact us