Account Number(s) Needed:
Companies who pay employees in Arizona must register with the AZ Department of Revenue for a Withholding Account Number and with the AZ Department of Economic Security for an Unemployment Compensation Account Number.
Department of Revenue: 999999999 (9 digits)
- Register online with the AZ DOR using a Federal EIN to receive a WAN within 2-4 weeks.
Department of Economic Security: 99999999 or 9999999-9 (8 digits)
- UC Numbers are assigned after registration online with the AZ DOR.
- To find a current UC Number, call the AZ DES.
Required Payroll Documentation:
- A1-QRT: All employers must file a quarterly withholding tax return with the AZ Department of Revenue to report its Arizona withholding tax liability. This return is a good source of information to use to balance the withholding amounts remitted as well as the total AZ wages reported to the State of AZ.
- AZ UC_018: Online filing is preferred up to 999 employees. If you have a paper copy of the UC-018, it is a good source of information to use in balancing UI wages and employer liabilities for prior quarters.
Third Party Access /POA Needed:
Local Income Taxes Imposed:
Visit state resources for specific tax rates and wage details: