Account Number(s) Needed:
Companies who pay employees in California must register with the CA Employment Development Department (EDD
) for an EDD Account Number
. If you need to register, click here
Employer Development Department (EDD) Account Number: 999-9999-9 (8 digits)
- Register for an EDDAccount Number online at the EDD site (click Enroll in Employer Services Online).
- Find a current EDD Account Number:
- on Form DE-9: Employer's Quarterly Contribution Return and Report of Wages Form,
- on Form DE-9C: Employer's Quarterly Contribution Return and Report of Wages Form (Continuation; must be filed with DE-9)
Required Payroll Documentation:
- CA DE9 and CA DE9c: California is a combined reporting state. The Quarterly Contribution Return and Report of Wages return is used to report UI, Training, Disability and personal Income tax withheld. It is a good source of information to use in balancing prior quarter data.
Third Party Access /POA Needed:
Local Income Taxes Imposed:
Visit state resources for specific tax rates and wage details: