How can I update our California Wage Plan?
The California Wage Plan is a designation given by the California Employment Development Department (EDD) based on the type of unemployment and disability insurance coverage offered to employees. Learn more.
What is the update?
Although Zenefits previously supported the various wage plan designations on the backend, there were no front-end selectors for customers to change this on their own. The default selection will remain Subject to UIand SDI, or S. This update may not require action from your company, as long as your company's Wage Plan designation is the default Subject to UI and SDI (S).
How to update your company’s wage plan designation:
- From your Zenefits admin account, click into the Payroll app.
- Click Settings, then Taxes.
- Under the California Employment Development Department section, there will be a new line item for EDD Employment Type.
- Click Update next to EDD Employment Type.
- Select the designation that applies to your company from the dropdown.
How do I know which designation applies to my company?
Why am I being asked about this now, and not when I first set this up in Zenefits?
What if I need to update my wage plan for a past filing period?
Will Zenefits be supporting California wage plans that include voluntary disability plans?
Thank you for the feedback!