Delaware Payroll Tax and Registration Guide

Account Number(s) Needed:

Companies who pay employees in Delaware must register with the Department of Revenue and the Department of Labor. This can be completed through Delaware’s One Stop. 

Delaware’s One Stop Business Registration and Licensing System allows businesses to obtain a Delaware business license and register online with the following agencies:

  • The Delaware Division of Revenue
  • The Delaware Division of Unemployment Insurance
  • The Delaware Office of Workers Compensation

One Stop also links to the Delaware Division of Corporations for easy access to incorporation forms and reserving a legal entity, as well as to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN).

Businesses will receive a temporary license upon successful completion of One Stop. If applicable, the Delaware Division of Unemployment Insurance will mail a letter of liability determination and a registration poster.

In addition to registering at One Stop, you will need to ensure compliance with local zoning laws, the Division of Professional Regulations, the Departments of Agriculture, Health, Natural Resources & Environmental Control, State and Transportation as necessary.

  • Ensure you've registered to use Delaware’s online payment portal.
  • Complete registration through Delaware’s One Stop for your business.
  • Assistance in registering as an employer or to access this portal is available here.

Required Payroll Documentation:


Third Party Access /POA Needed:


Local Income Taxes Imposed:  


State Resources

Visit state resources for specific tax rates and wage details:

    Still need our help? Our support team is waiting to help you. Contact us