Account Number(s) Needed:
Companies who pay employees in Georgia must register with the GA Department of Revenue (DOR) for a Withholding Account Number and the GA Department of Labor (DOL) for a DOL Account Number.
GA Department of Revenue Withholding Account Number: 9999999AA (7 digits and two capital letters)
- Apply online at the GA DOR using an EIN to receive the number within 15 minutes by email. Further instructions here.
- Find an existing DOR Withholding Account Number:
- on Form G7Q Employers Quarterly Return for Quarterly Payer or Form G7M Employer's Quarterly Return for Monthly Payer
- by contacting the GA DOR.
GA Department of Labor Account Number: 999999-99 (8 digits)
- Apply online to receive the number after completing registration, or by faxing Form DOL-1A to 404-232-3285 to receive the number in 3-6 weeks.
- Find an Existing DOL account number:
Required Payroll Documentation:
- G7 (Employer's Quarterly Tax Return): The Georgia G7 returns are often filed electronically. This return can be used to reconcile the Georgia withholding amounts from prior quarters.
- DOL-4N (Employer's Quarterly Tax and Wage Report): This return is a good source of information to use to balance employee gross wages paid and employer contributions made in prior quarters.
Third Party Access /POA Needed:
Local Income Taxes Imposed:
Visit state resources for specific tax rates and wage details: