Massachusetts Paid Family & Medical Leave
Starting on October 1, a new Massachusetts Paid Family & Medical Leave tax will go into effect and apply to worker paychecks. To learn more information, please reference the MA documentation or reach out to the agency.
Will Zenefits help calculate and remit this tax for my workers?
How can I have Zenefits calculate and remit this tax for us?
In order to ensure we collect the correct taxes for your employees, follow these steps to update the information:
- Go to your Zenefits Payroll app and click on the Settings tab.
- Select Taxes and scroll to the Massachusetts section.
- You’ll see a sub-section for Massachusetts Department of Paid Family & Medical Leave.
- Simply fill out all required fields based on the requirements provided by the state.
- If you mark the company as exempt from this tax, taxes will not be taken out from the employee or employer portion.
- If you are not exempt, once saved, taxes will automatically be taken out for employees moving forward.
- If you selected that your independent contractors were covered individuals, they will also have this tax taken out as well.
Thank you for the feedback!