Account Number(s) Needed:
Companies who pay employees in Mississippi must register with the MS Department of Revenue for a Withholding Account Number and the MS Department of Employment Security (MDES) for an Employer Account Number.
MS Withholding Account Number: 9999-9999 or 99-999 9999 9 (8 or 10 digits)
- Apply online at the DOR's Taxpayer Access Point portal to receive a Withholding Account Number immediately after completing the registration.
- Find an existing Withholding Account Number:
- on Form 89-105, Employer's Withholding Tax Return.
- by contacting the DOR.
MDES Employer Account Number: 99-99999-#-99 (9 digits, the '#' is significant)
- Apply online at the MDES Employer Registration portal to receive the Employer Account Number immediately after completing the registration.
- Find an existing Employer Account Number
- on Form UI-2, Employer's Quarterly Wage Report.
- by contacting the MDES.
Required Payroll Documentation:
- The withholding returns are eFiled along with the remittance amounts. Use a Payroll report that contains Employee SSN, Quarterly Wages Paid and Withheld Amounts.
- UI Wage reports are filed electronically. Use a payroll report that contains SSN, Employee Last Name, Employee First Name, Employee MI, and State Quarter Taxable Gross Wages.
Third Party Access /POA Needed:
- When entering your MS withholding account information into Zenefits, please ensure the letter ID is provided.
- You can locate this in your filing requirements letter received upon registration, online, or by calling 601-923-7700.
Local Income Taxes Imposed:
Visit state resources for specific tax rates and wage details