Account Number(s) Needed:
Companies who pay employees in Nebraska must register with the NE Department of Revenue for an Identification Number and the NE Department of Labor for an Unemployment Insurance (UI) Account Number.
Nebraska Department of Revenue: 99999999 (9 digits)
- Apply online or complete Nebraska Tax Application, Form 20 and submit the form by mail to the address supplied, or by fax to 402-471-5927, to receive the number within 15 days.
- Find an existing ID Number:
- on Form 510N, Employer's Monthly Withholding Deposit coupon
- by contacting the DOR
Nebraska Department of Labor: 9999999999 (10 digits)
- Apply online at the DOL's UIConnect portal to receive the Account Number in 7 business days.
- Find an existing Account Number:
- on Form UI 11t, Combined tax Report
- by contacting the DOL
Required Payroll Documentation:
- 941N (Nebraska Income Tax Withholding Return): This return is a good source of information to balance state tax withheld amounts from previous quarters.
- UI11T and UI 11W These returns are is good sources of information to use to balance employee gross wages paid and employer contributions made in prior quarters.
Third Party Access /POA Needed:
Local Income Taxes Imposed:
Visit state resources for specific tax rates and wage details
Dept. of Labor for unemployment taxes
Dept. of Revenue for withholding taxes