Account Number(s) Needed:
Companies who pay employees in North Dakota must register with the ND State Tax Commissioner for State Tax Identification Number and Job Services ND for an Employer Account Number.
North Dakota State Tax Commissioner Withholding Account Number: 999999999-99 (11 digits)
- Apply online at the State Tax Commissioner's Taxpayer Access Point portal to receive the Identification Number within 1 week.
- Find an existing Identification Number:
North Dakota Job Service Employer Account Number: 9999-999 (7 digits)
- Register for an unemployment insurance account
- Find an existing Employer Account Number:
- On Form SFN 41263, Determination of Employer Liability or Contribution and Wage Report
- By contacting Job Service ND.
Required Payroll Documentation:
- Form F-306(Income Tax Withholding Return): This return is a good source of information to balance state tax withheld amounts from previous quarters.
- Form SFN 41263 (Employer's Contribution and Wage Report): This report is a good source of information to use to balance Total Wages Paid, Taxable Wages Paid, and employer contribution amounts for prior quarters.
Third Party Access /POA Needed:
Local Income Taxes Imposed:
Visit state resources for specific tax rates and wage details
State Tax Commissioner for withholding taxes
Job Service for unemployment taxes