Authorize Zenefits Payroll as Third Party Administrator in Ohio
Employers who use Zenefits Payroll to pay employees in Ohio must authorize Zenefits Payroll as a third-party administrator (TPA) with the Ohio Department of Job and Family services (ODJFS) to allow Zenefits Payroll to pay and file unemployment taxes in OH.
It's a two step process:
- Create an online account with Ohio's Employer Resource Information Center (ERIC) portal, using the steps below.
- Grant Zenefits Payroll permission to access the account using the steps linked here.
Create Employer Account for Ohio ERIC Portal
- Navigated to the ERIC portal and click Register Now below the Login button.
- Provide all the required information, and create a user name for ERIC. Make a note of it.
- Submit the registration information.
- The ERIC portal will send a temporary password to the email provided during registration.
- Go back to the main ERIC login page, and log in using the temporary password and username.
- Follow the instructions to change the password to a permanent one.
Grant Zenefits Payroll Access to ERIC Account
- Log in to the ERIC portal using a registered username and password.
- Click the Manage My Accounts tab.
- In the lefthand Navigation Menu, click Correspondence and Third Parties.
- Click Manage Service Functions.
- In the Select Service Functions list, make sure to check the "Tax: Reporting and Payments" option.
- Click the Manage Association box.
- Click the TPA Search link near the bottom of the page.
- Search for PayYourPeople (Zenefits Payroll's legal name).
- Zenefits Payroll's OH TPA ID is 6000009396. Select this option.
- On the next page, click I Understand, then Save and Continue.
- Log out of ERIC.
- Contact Zenefits Customer Care to let us know that Zenefits Payroll has been added to the account.
Thank you for the feedback!