Account Number(s) Needed:
Companies who pay employees in Wisconsin must register with the WI Department of Revenue (DOR) for a Tax Account Number and the WI Department of Workforce Development (DWD) for an Unemployment Insurance Account Number.
Wisconsin Department of Revenue Tax Account Number Format: 036-9999999999-09 (036 + 10 digits + 09)
- Apply online at the DOR's MyTaxAccount portal to receive the Tax Account ID within one business day of completing the application.
- Find an existing Tax Account ID:
Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development Unemployment Insurance (UI) Account Number Format: 999999-999-9 (10 digits)
- Apply online at the DWD's Employer Online Services to receive the UI Account Number immediately after finishing the application.
- Find an existing UI Account Number:
Required Payroll Documentation:
- WT7 (Annual Reconciliation) & WT6 (Withholding Tax Deposit Report): The WI Tax Deposit Report can be a good source of information to use to balance withholding taxes made in prior quarters. You can also use a payroll report that contains employee wages and withheld amounts to help balance prior quarters.
- UC7823-E (Quarterly Wage Report): This is a good report is a good source of information to use to balance WI employee quarterly wages from prior quarters.
Third Party Access /POA Needed:
Local Income Taxes Imposed:
Wisconsin State Income Tax
|Supplemental Wage / Bonus Rate
||4.0%, 5 .84%
6 .27% or 7 .65%
Wisconsin Unemployment Insurance
|Maximum 2020 Taxable Earnings
|Employee 2020 Deduction
|Employer 2020 Tax Rates
||0.0 - 12. 0 %
|Standard 2020 New Employer Rate
||3 .05 - 3 .45%
|Voluntary Contribution Permitted
Wisconsin Minimum Wage
||$ 7 .25
|Minimum Cash Wage(Tipped Employee)
||$ 2 .33
|Maximum Tip Credit
||$ 4 .92
|Youth Minimum Wage
||$ 5 .90