Account Number(s) Needed:
Companies who pay employees in Wisconsin must register with the WI Department of Revenue (DOR) for a Tax Account Number and the WI Department of Workforce Development (DWD) for an Unemployment Insurance Account Number.
Wisconsin Department of Revenue Tax Account Number Format: 036-9999999999-09 (036 + 10 digits + 09)
- Apply online at the DOR's MyTaxAccount portal to receive the Tax Account ID within one business day of completing the application.
- Find an existing Tax Account ID:
Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development Unemployment Insurance (UI) Account Number Format: 999999-999-9 (10 digits)
- Apply online at the DWD's Employer Online Services to receive the UI Account Number immediately after finishing the application.
- Find an existing UI Account Number:
Required Payroll Documentation:
- WT7 (Annual Reconciliation) & WT6 (Withholding Tax Deposit Report): The WI Tax Deposit Report can be a good source of information to use to balance withholding taxes made in prior quarters. You can also use a payroll report that contains employee wages and withheld amounts to help balance prior quarters.
- UC7823-E (Quarterly Wage Report): This is a good report is a good source of information to use to balance WI employee quarterly wages from prior quarters.
Third Party Access /POA Needed:
Local Income Taxes Imposed:
Visit state resources for specific tax rates and wage details: