How to Define Holidays on a Limited Time Off Plan
Administrators are able to define holidays for a time off policy in Zenefits. The number of hours reflected for the holiday will be the same as the work day hours, selected by the administrator.
To set up different holiday calendars for different work locations, set up a separate policy for each location and assign people from each location to the desired policy.
- Each year, the holidays defined for a policy will reset to the default list of Federal Holidays.
- Administrators will need to re-add custom holidays each year and re-remove any of the default holidays that the company does not observe.
For tracking purposes, Zenefits ignores days defined as holidays on this list when calculating the amount of time off in a particular request. It will show the request as 0 hours worked, instead of 8.
- Click on the Time Off app.
- Click on Settings.
- Select “manage” next to the PTO policy that you wish to edit.
- Click on View or Edit Holidays.
- Add/Remove holidays
- Click “Save”
Please note the Holidays list does not transfer between policies. Edits will need to be made in each policy individually.
Zenefits does not support half-day holidays (i.e. everyone working half-day on Christmas Eve).
Thank you for the feedback!