How to adjust Time Off balances
An administrator can make changes to an employee's Current Balance for Vacation, Sick, or Personal Leave Time Off using the following steps:
- Log into your administrator dashboard.
- Click on the Time Off app.
- Click on the Balances tab.
- Click on the name of the person you wish to update.
- Click the Edit icon in the upper right hand corner of the new dialogue window.
- Update the Current Balance.
- Give an optional Reason for the adjustment.
- Click Save.
Administrators also have the option to adjust Time Off balances in bulk. To make bulk adjustments follow the steps below:
- Click on the Balances tab
- Click the Cloud icon on the top right of the screen next to the filter option
- Select the Time Off policy you have employees assigned from the dropdown menu
- Click the Download button to download the Zenefits spreadsheet
- Open the spreadsheet and select the 2nd tab named Existing PTO Data
- Any employee assigned to the Time Off policy you selected will have their name listed on this spreadsheet.
- You should only edit fields in the columns listed as: "Vacation Balance Hours", "Personal Leave Balance Hours" and "Sick Leave Balance Hours".
- Once you have added the balances and saved the spreadsheet, navigate back to Zenefits and upload the spreadsheet. Once the upload has finished processing you will see the employee's balances updated under the Balancess Tab.
- Do not add or delete employees from this spreadsheet and do not edit any other fields outside of these three columns.
- If you have an employee without a known balance you can enter "0" in that field for that employee.
- Please note you may not have all three columns listed above if you are not using all three options in your Time Off policy.
Note: Zenefits cannot adjust PTO balances. This must be done by an administrator to its effect on company PTO liability.
Thank you for the feedback!