How do I Track Balances for Different Types of Time Off?
The Zenefits Time Off app allows companies to track balances for varying types of time off, such as floating holidays, Jury Duty, or Bereavement on limited policies. This is a type of paid leave that workers can request in place of time off for another public holiday.
Managers will not have a Time Off card for their team unless they are assigned to a policy. The Time Off card only appears once someone is assigned to a time off policy.
If the policy is already set up, complete these steps before following the directions below:
- Click the Settings tab at the top
- Select the policy from the drop-down box
- Select Types & Reasons
- Select "View or Edit Reasons" under Time Off Reasons
- Enter a name for the type of time you would like to track. Ex: Travel Time.
- Select from the drop-down menu if the time is to be counted as Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave or Not Counted towards their balance.
To add a new type of time off:
- If the policy does not already have a separate Sick or Personal Leave category, select Types & Reasons
Select "View or Edit Types" under Time Off Types
When workers request time and select this new category, their total will decrease by the requested amount of hours.
This method does not place any restriction on which calendar days can be taken as this type of request. However, managers and administrators can decide at approval time whether a request for a particular day is acceptable.
Thank you for the feedback!