How do I Change Time Off Accrual to Zero?
Anyone with a zero accrual rate will not earn time off, but can still use the Time Off app to request specific types of leave, e.g., sick leave or Jury Duty.
To set an accrual to zero:
- Log in to Zenefits and navigate to the Time Off app.
- Click on the Balances tab, then on the name of the person whose accrual is changing.
- Click the pencil icon on the right corner of the panel.
- Enter 0 in the Accrual field.
Administrators will also need to zero out the current balance.
- On the same panel, edit the Current Balance field as needed.
- Click Save.
Once these steps are completed, the individual will have no accrued time to request and no further accrual.
Administrators should check with local and state laws and review their handbook and offer letters before reducing or stopping time off accrual.
Thank you for the feedback!