How to Add a Custom Time Off Reason
Administrators can choose to add Custom Time Off reasons as a type of time off in their time off policy. However, monetary values cannot be assigned for hours in the Zenefits system and can only be used to track time off. The administrator will have to set up the rate with their payroll provider as they would with any other time off.
Adding a Custom Time Off Reason
- Click on the Time Off app.
- Select Settings from the navigation bar.
- Click Manage next to the Policy you would like to add to.
- Select Types & Reasons on the left side.
- Select View or Edit Reasons then +Add a Reason
- Enter a name for the reason to be identified as.
- Select for it to count either from a bank of time or as Not Counted.
- Click Save.
Make sure to add a category for this type of time off, and not create a whole new time off policy. Only one time off policy can be assigned for each person.
Thank you for the feedback!