How do I set up a bi-weekly pay schedule in Zenefits Payroll for hourly workers who use Time & Attendance?
Here's how to set up a pay schedule in Zenefits Payroll for hourly workers who use Time and Attendance and are paid every other week.
- Choose All Hourly as the group who should have this schedule.
- Enter a custom name for the pay schedule. Otherwise, it will be listed as "All Hourly Workers" on individual pages.
- Select Every Other Week for Pay Frequency.
- Select the Day of the Week Paid, e.g., Friday.
Set the weekend and holiday rule to tell Zenefits Payroll how to shift a pay date if it happens to fall on a weekend or holiday when banks are closed.
Choose Before to pay on the Friday before the weekend, or the day before the holiday.
Choose After to pay on the Monday after the weekend, or the day after the holiday.
- Select a First Check Date from the list. Each available date will fall on the same day of the week, e.g., Friday.
- From the list of First Pay Periods, choose the one that ends seven days before the date of the First Check Date. This should be the first one in the list.
- Review the future pay periods and pay dates, and click Add to finish.
Once finished, make sure to also set up a pay schedule for salaried workers with the same or different pay frequency.
Thank you for the feedback!