Changing the start of the work week
- Click on Time & Attendance app.
- Click on Settings from the top navigation bar.
- Select Overtime from the left-hand menu .
- Click on the pencil icon to edit.
- Select the first day of your work week from the dropdown menu .
- Click the Save button to record your change.
Why would you want to do this?
The work week is what is used to determine overtime calculations. You may want to adjust this so overtime is calculated the way you need.
When can you do this?
Anytime you want, however, there are compliance issues surrounding this change. Be sure to check with legal counsel if needed.
Will this change the pay periods?
No. This change only impacts overtime calculations. Overtime is calculated based on the work week, not the pay periods. The pay periods and work weeks do not need to line up.
Will this change be synced to payroll?
No. This change only impacts the overtime calculations in the Time & Attendance app. It will impact which hours are paid at the overtime rate, but it will not change any settings in payroll.
Thank you for the feedback!