Pennsylvania Payroll Tax and Registration Guide

Account Number(s) Needed:

Companies who pay employees in Pennsylvania must register with the PA Department of Revenue for an Employer Account ID and the PA Department of Labor and Industry for an Unemployment Compensation (UC) Account Number. Apply online for both at the PA-100 Enterprise Registration System to receive the numbers immediately.

PA also requires employers to register their payroll provider as an authorized third-party administrator with the Department of Labor and Industry Unemployment Compensation Management System (UCMS) to allow the provider to file and pay taxes in PA.

Pennsylvania Dept of Revenue Employer Account Number: 9999-9999 or 99999999 (8 digits)

  • Find an existing Employer Account Number:

Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry UC Account Number99-99999 9 (7 digits)

  • Find an existing UC Account Number:

Required Payroll Documentation:

  • Yes

Third Party Access /POA Needed:

  • Yes - Unemployment
  • Zenefits will also request access to your Department of Revenue E-Tides account which will need to be approved by the enterprise administrator

Local Income Taxes Imposed:  

  • Yes (Check your local taxes here.)

State Resources:

Visit state resources for specific tax rates and wage details

      Dept. of Labor & Industry for unemployment taxes

      Dept. of Revenue for withholding taxes 

      Authorize Zenefits Payroll as Third Party Administrator in Pennsylvania

      Employers who use Zenefits Payroll to pay employees in Pennsylvania must authorize Zenefits Payroll as a third-party administrator with the Pennsylvania Unemployment Compensatio... Learn more

      Still need our help? Our support team is waiting to help you. Contact us